Saturday, January 28, 2012

So I made a cake...

Eh. Whatever. It's not the ugliest thing I've ever seen, but certainly not the prettiest. Not.even.close.

BUT. I'm giving myself a little pat on the back though, because:

#1. First fondant cake ever. That's tough stuff to work with!
#2. I made the fondant myself! 
#3. I don't have real cake pans. So I made do. And they were really lumpy cakes, as you can see. I think if I had real pans it would have been so much better!

Maybe next time I'll get it right! :) That's how ya learn, after all, right?

And, it still tastes the same. Amen.

4 comments:

  1. I myself am a fan of lumpy cakes, because I know they are homemade with love. And fondant - who can turn down fondant????? Not this woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really nice!! I can't wait to see more in the future. :) If you don't mind, how did you make the fondant?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats awesome Mel. :) Hehe Very pretty! Did the cake taste good?
    I am personally not a fan of the taste of fondant Haha ;) But i LOVE the way it looks. :) Cant wait to see more. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Sara- I made the marshmallow fondant recipe I pinned the other day in "For Eating" Go check it out! It was pretty easy peasy!

    @Melissa- the cake I know is good, and the fondant is SWEET. Very sweet. It's not as nasty as most fondant is, but still not like... something I would pick to eat. haha

    ReplyDelete