Wednesday, March 28, 2012

DIY: Milk Glass- but not.

I love milk glass things. Who doesn't?
But to be honest, I am just way to cheap to buy it.

So. Enter the thrift store, where I picked up these vases because I loved their shapes.
Add some white spray paint- just cause it smells good.
I'M KIDDING, PEOPLE.
But seriously. I didn't even need to prime them. I just washed and sprayed a few coats on them.

After!

This one is my favorite.

I was squished up there. Moving them from here to there. From there to here. All over the place.

I love the start of my kitchen decor. I love simplicity. I think I will add a couple of platters and pitchers (maybe paint those a bold color, even?) and call it good for those plant shelves! Who invented plant shelves anyway? I hate them. 

But, I love this.

And this.

All that for a few bucks? I'm good with that. 


I'm linking up at Thrifty Decor Chick and the following:



Unveil Your Genius Link Party

17 comments:

  1. I love those gorgeous faux milk glass vases mixed with your dark cabinets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did the same thing! I love how they come out. Beautiful! I like your little clusters.. I think I need to do more.

    http://www.themoney-pit.com/2012/01/faux-milk-glassjadite-on-budget.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. With ya on the plant shelves! Anything I put on mine feels "grandma" just cuz it's on a plant shelf! The vases are a cool idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the same way I feel. We are just too young to embrace this idea, I guess. haha :)

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am always amazed at how people can be so crafty! Those are so pretty! I don't like clutter or plant shelves...but I do love mixing bowls. So mine are filling up with old colorful Pyrex bowls and I kinda like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just saw my 1st post actually did show up :) Weird. I was having techno problems that day :)

      Delete
  6. Love it Mel! :) Very creative! :) I have started blogging again too now. :) Incase you wanted to know. lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those Mel! :) Very pretty! :) Great idea! I have started blogging again now also incase you were interested. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute and easy! I would love for you to share this with my Unveil Your Genius link party! http://taylornorris.blogspot.com/2012/04/unveil-your-genius-link-party-6.html
    (New linky every Thursday...each linky runs for a week)

    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've featured your project on my Unveil Your Genius Link Party! :)
    Go grab the Featured Button:
    http://taylornorris.blogspot.com/p/unveil-your-genius.html

    I hope you'll link up again soon! New linky every Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great idea! I have a few pieces, but this is genious!

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how your fax milk jars came out. I excited what I will find @ try thrift store!!! Thank for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been wanting to try something like this. I actually found an awesome serving plate that is white, but wanted to make it higher from the table (it has an opening for a ribbon border that would be better if it were higher!) so i thought i'd put it on a candle holder.. but cannot find a white one. Did you need a certain kind of white paint? I wasn't sure how it would look with reg. white spray paint. Thanks! Love your idea!

    ReplyDelete