Saturday, April 7, 2012

Thrift Store Finds/Before & After

These aren't going to be huge, extravagant before & afters by any means, but I like them. :)

This "thing" ... I have no idea what it really is. I just saw it and loved the design on it. It was $1.25.
We just covered it in white spray paint, easy peasy, and it looks way better. The before picture doesn't really show how dirty and dingy it looked. Anyway, it looks great now!

Before                                                           After




These wall hanging candle holders were $5.00 each at Savers. (My goodness, I love that place.) I love the design on them so much! Josh actually found these, and just knew I'd like them. He's just good like that. :)

I love this design!


Anyway, we painted two of these black, and one of them white. The white one still doesn't have a home yet. But I had a plan for these ones. :)



 So here's our really sad beige-and-white-and-tan living room.

Before:


After!

You can see the candle holders hanging on either side of our finally-framed wedding photo. We also got a floating wall shelf at Savers for $5, and got the longer one at Home Depot to go with it.

You can see the "thing" tucked away behind a picture on the smaller shelf. I like it so much. I don't know why. :)

And I just got filler for that awesome green vase today. No picture of that yet. :)

So much more inviting now, don't you think?

Goodness knows, I'm not done yet. I definitely want to paint and do a few more things in this room. The thing is, all that costs money! So, until we have some of that, this works! :)

11 comments:

  1. I like it all. You are a good decorate-r :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks loverly :D Like the redos a lot, isn't it fun what you can transform with paint??!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somehow your blog has not been in my google reader, and I gotta say, I've been missing out. I love this post. How could someone not love thrifting and re-creating? So inspired by your craftiness. I also loved your milk jar post and the way they "pop" in your kitchen with the black cupboards. I wonder what my landlord would think if I painted our cupboards black? Probably not very much. Scratch that idea. I'll just stick to finding glass bottles to spray paint. :)

    Brittney

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it all! Love the thing. And those candle holders! Need the sweet deets on where you got the frame and matting and picture blown up, I want to do that with mine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice Mel :) Love it! the candle holders are gorgeous. Always love those! :) I am a HUGE wrought iron look fan. :) I have tonnes of the stuff. haha ;)
    Cant wait to see more of your house! It is gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. All beaaaaautiful Mel. :) Great Job! :) Love the candle Holders especially! and the thing is cute, it has character. hehe. Cant wait to see more of your house. Its gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice! I love garage sales for the same reason. Spray paint is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, love finding "things"! Great update! Found you via Frugally Sustainable :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the candle hangings! what great finds!!!

    ReplyDelete